I have spent many, many mornings asking God for His presence and His guidance in our city and at our church.
I love how Beth Moore said "The point is to understand that we've been called by God's purpose to the places we live". The 122nd Psalm was a wonderful place to sit and really listen to what God had to say about the place/city/church I have been called to.
Far too often I engage in conversation with God about the negative and the many obstacles/challenges we face. I would rather pray for spiritual growth among our church members than church growth. I realized while working this psalm that the thanksgiving and showers of blessings should be my true focus and when we unite and worship and cry out Praise be to the Prince of Peace, we naturally attract those hungry for His word.
I did not choose nor would I probably choose (given the chance) the exact outcome of our living environment. However, I trust and believe God for all the wonderful opportunities and blessings we have received right where we are. I am praising Him and thanking Him for always knowing exactly what we need when we need it and for all the wonderful friends and family that surround us.
May I continue to recognize His warmth and comfort within this Psalm (122)
"I was glad and rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let's go to the House of the LORD".
My feet are standing in the city You have assigned to me.
It is a well-built city - knit together as a single unit.
There are a lot of people - the LORD's people - that live here and give thanks to the name of the LORD.
I am praying for Peace in my city. I am praying that all who live here prosper.
May we all come together to make a difference in the name of Christ."
Amen
No comments:
Post a Comment