Ok, on a serious note.... I need some help. Have you ever thought about your church in terms of grades?
I know that it is not just me, however I find it easier to post to the unknown because I am finding that people would rather not get involved. So here's the deal. If you were unhappy with your church, what criteria would you evaluate it on? If you had to make a list of Pros and Cons, what would it look like? Maybe it would be too hard to share with anyone?
In my current situation, I believe God is asking me to evaluate and I am either looking for the shortcut... If I had my "rathers" I would rather just go to an another Church?! or I don't know where to start.
Seriously, I ask this if anyone is brave enough to help me with the project because I invited a really close, strong, christian friend of mine and she was very open and honest with me about some truths of our church, so....
If you had a visitor at your church what do you honestly think they would say of their visit?
1 comment:
Well...I've been dealing with this same issue for a little while now. We really enjoy our church...but we just have some issues with it. I know that no church can be perfect, but I think that is is very important for the church to be incredibly accepting to newcomers. Our church is a fairly good sized church, so sometimes it is hard to realize if someone is new...which I keep telling myself is the reason that I don't think they are accepting to newcomers. But..I don't think that is acceptable either.
So..in our situation...we really love the kids program our church has, and the messages that the preacher delivers really gets us thinking. So, although I may not like their overall lack of accepting/noticing newcomers...I make it my mission to help newcomers feel welcomed. And, I have a thing for music. It moves me...and is one of my main forms of worship...but I prefer more contemporary Christian, over the older hymnals. (I'm not saying that one is better than the other...it is all a personal preference) Our church uses a fair amount of hymnals still. This really used to get to me...we almost changed churches because of it. But then I realized that the worship wasn't about me..it was about Him. It took me a bit..
We've been praying for our church a lot. It seems as if in the last few months the Holy Spirit has really been moving! This is something that we have felt has been missing for quite some time. We continue to pray that our worship will be uplifting, and that our congregation would come closer, and that we could reach the "un-reachable" somehow.
I don't know if that helped you at all...or if that was what you were looking for...but it's my 2 cents worth! :)
Post a Comment